Site Tour 1 – Australian Antarctic Division And Willie Smith Apple Shed Site Visit
Site Tour 2 – Kennanook/Cape Grim Site Tour
Australian Antarctic Division and Willie Smith Apple Shed Site Visit
Thursday, 29 August 2024
Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure with our exclusive site tour that takes you behind the scenes at the Australian Antarctic Division, a key supporter of the Antarctic Presentation Stream of the Conference. Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Antarctic environmental research during a comprehensive 2-hour tour of this cutting-edge facility. Following this unique experience, indulge in a delicious lunch at Willie Smith Apple Shed, a charming locale known for its farm-to-table cuisine and picturesque surroundings. Returning to the comfort of Hotel Grand Chancellor, where you can reflect on the day’s extraordinary insights and experiences.
This site tour is limited to 15 people.
- 9.30am – Depart Hotel Grand Chancellor
- 10.00am – Arrive Australian Antarctic Division for tour
- 12.00pm – Depart Australian Antarctic Division
- 12.25pm – Arrive Wilie Smith Apple Shed for Lunch
- 2.30pm – Depart
- 3.00pm – Arrive Hotel Grand Chancellor
|VIEW IN GOOGLE MAPS
|Australian Antarctic Division
|Willie Smith’s Apple Shed and Museum
Kennanook/Cape Grim Site Tour
Thursday, 29 August 2024
CASANZ is thrilled to present an exclusive opportunity to explore one of the world’s only three Baseline Air Pollution Stations, promising an adventure unlike any other. Departing from Hobart after the Clean Air Conference, you’ll journey to the station nestled on Tasmania’s rugged North Western tip. Delve into the heart of environmental research with an Observatory Tour, offering insights into ongoing experiments conducted by collaborating institutions. Witness real-time air analysis at 80 meters above, tracking climate change and ozone depletion drivers. Dive into the data covering various elements, from Greenhouse Gases to Solar Radiation. Enjoy hassle-free transportation with return bus transfers and a scenic flight, complemented by lunch and refreshments.
This tour is limited to 18 people and we are currently accepting Expressions of Interest until 19 March 2024 click here.
- 8.45am – Pick up from Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart – Deliver to Airport
- 9.05am – Arrive Hobart Airport
- 9.30am – Fly
- 10.30am – Arrive Smithton Airport
- 10.45am – Bus Pick Up
- 11.45pm – Arrive at Kennanook/Cape Grim/ Lunch
- 12.30pm – Tour
- 2.30pm – Bus Pick up
- 3.10pm – Arrive Smithton Airport
- 3.30pm – Fly
- 4.30pm – Arrive Hobart Airport
- 4.45pm – Bus Pick Up
- 5.15pm – Arrive Hotel Grand Chancellor